Steps to Succeed as a Graduate Student
Use our Graduate Admissions and Program Evaluations page for helpful information about steps you can take to complete your Master's Degree.
- Meet with your graduate advisor to plan the courses you will take in your course of study.
- Keep updated with your messages on your MySJSU account.
- Consider participating in Community/Service Learning through San Jose State to develop social responsibility and give back to our community.
- Take a trip to the Career Center to learn about resume and cover letter writing, networking, portfolios, and interviewing to be prepared for the job search.
- Attend a Career Fair on campus to learn more about the local companies recruiting SJSU grads and to find current jobs being offered by those companies.
- Use the catalog and Department Roadmaps to check where you are and which requirements remain at least once a semester.
Forms available on the GAPE forms website included...
- Changing your Graduate Department
- Transfer Credit
- Seven Year Limit
Make your way around the campus to get acclimated to the campus culture and to find and utilize the resources available to you as a student.