Open to ALL participating graduates!
Grad Fest at the Spartan Bookstore on campus is a one-stop-shop event filled with important graduation and commencement ceremony information, updates from the alumni association and great deals on SJSU graduation and alumni gear!
- Wednesday, March 15th: 9am - 5pm
- Thursday, March 16th: 9am - 5pm
- Friday, March 17th: 9am - 4pm
- Take FREE Grad Photos (photo sitting is FREE, photo proofs will be emailed separately for purchase)
Find all the details and make a reservation here
- Purchase and pick up your regalia (Cap and Gown)
- Join the Alumni Association (get access to great resources, events and networking opportunities)
- Purchase the Alumni Grad Pack for $25 (includes a blue and gold graduation cord, SJSU swag, access to a special party in April, and a one year alumni membership)
- Shop Announcements, Class Rings (get measured on-site) and Diploma Frames (various options available)
- Decorate your graduation cap and enter the contest (decorate your cap, post a picture
of it on Instagram, tag and follow @sjsu, @sjsucommencement and @sjsualumni, and use #sjsu23 and #YesSJSU when you post.
- One lucky winner will take home a regalia package (announced on Friday, March 17 at 3PM)
Academic Regalia (cap and gown)
Herff Jones (official vendor)
* All participating graduates are required to wear academic regalia to attend the commencement ceremony.
The fastest and least expensive way to get your cap and gown (academic regalia) is to purchase it in-person at the Spartan Bookstore. Regalia will be available starting March 15 through the last day of the Commencement ceremonies on May 26.
If you can’t make it to campus and need your order shipped to your home, please visit http://colleges.herffjones.com/college/sjsu to place your order. The site will close 30 days prior to the first day of commencement in order to allow all orders to be delivered in time.
* Please allow up to 30 days for your order to ship. Shipping charges will be added to online orders.
Best Grad Photo (official vendor)
Best Grad Photo will be on-site during the Commencement ceremony to take your official graduation pictures. You can purchase your photos through a unique link that will be emailed to your "preferred email address" on file in your MySJSU within 2 weeks after your ceremony.
Best Grad Photo will be in the Spartan Bookstore during Grad Fest providing FREE photo sittings. Your photo proofs will be emailed to you along with purchase options.
* The photo sitting is free, and there is no obligation to purchase the photos.
SJSU Alumni Association Membership
Get your Alumni Association membership and receive a blue/gold Alumni Membership double
cord (exclusive to alumni association members)!
Available only when you purchase the Alumni Package in the Spartan Bookstore or through the ordering website linked above!
Your Alumni Membership has direct and positive effects on San Jose State. However, there's also significant advantages in it for you! Becoming a member is affordable, valuable, beneficial, and the best way to show your Spartan Pride!
The university will follow the California Department of Public Health’s policies on mega indoor events. All staff, faculty, graduates and guests are encouraged to use the SJSU COVID-19 Symptom Check Tool before arriving on campus.
As of Monday, January 9, based on the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) COVID-19 metrics for Santa Clara County, which are currently at the MEDIUM level for cases and related hospitalizations, SJSU no longer requires individuals to wear a mask or face covering in indoor spaces, but all are strongly encouraged to wear masks or face coverings indoors.
* Masks will continue to be required at the Student Wellness Center and Spartan Food Pantry.
Restrictions may tighten based on the risks associated with the commencement ceremonies. Please check our website often for up to date information and announcements regarding the safety requirements of these commencement ceremonies.