SJSU 2-Hour Course Accessibility Challenge
THIS CHALLENGE HAS ENDED. Please feel free to view the videos below to learn more about creating accessible and inclusive course content!
The SJSU 2-Hour Course Accessibility Challenge ran from August 1, 2022 to September 30, 2022.
- Open the Ally Course Accessibility Report in your Fall, 2022 Canvas course. You'll find it in the left navigation menu.
- Take a screenshot of your overall course accessibility score on the day you start this challenge.
- Watch the five Ally demonstration videos and comment or ask a question in the comments
section below each video.
Video #1: Introducing Ally and its Benefits for All Students (7.5 min)
Video #2: Easy Fixes - ALT Text and Headings (7 min)
Video #3: Fixing Scanned PDFs (8.5 min)
Video #4: Updating Canvas Pages (4.5 min)Video #5: Color Contrast (8.5 min)
- Spend about 1.5 hours fixing your course content using the issues found in the Ally Course Accessibility Report in your Fall, 2022 Canvas Course.
- Open the Ally Course Accessibility Report in your Canvas course and take a screenshot of your overall course score after making the fixes. See how far you’ve come in making your course more accessible and inclusive for all students!
- Complete the SJSU 2-Hour Course Accessibility Challenge Survey. You'll be uploading your screenshots to the survey. Complete the survey by September 30th at 11:59 pm to receive your certificate and badge! All participants will get entered into a Gold Point Card drawing ranging from $25 to $100.
eCampus Ally Webpage for Instructors
Ally Instructor Help Page
iSupport ticket - Submit a ticket for assistance