Accreditation and Objectives
San José State University’s Bachelor’s Degree program in Electrical Engineering is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, the global accreditor of college and university programs in applied and natural science, computing, engineering, and engineering technology.
ABET accreditation assures that our program meets the standards to produce graduates ready to enter critical technical fields. Visit this page for more information the importance of ABET Accreditation.
Student Enrollment and Graduation Data
ABET requires the Electrical Engineering Department to share graduation and enrollment data with students to qualify for accreditation. SJSU’s Office of Institutional Research manages this information. To access this information, please refer to the links below:
- Applied, Admitted, Enrolled Headcounts by Department
- Enrollment by Department
- Degrees Awarded by Department
Program Educational Objectives (PEO)
- Become a technically qualified engineer to address complex problems and apply learned
skills in engineering careers.
- Maintain and enhance professional competence by acquiring new knowledge and refining
- Fulfill the needs of society in solving technical problems using engineering principles,
tools, and practices, ethically and responsibly.
- Demonstrate leadership skills in the workplace and function professionally in a globally competitive world.
Program Learning Outcomes (PLOs)
You can find program learning outcomes in the Undergraduate Program Learning Outcomes section of SJSU’s website. Refer to this website for more information on the learning outcomes of the Electrical Engineering Department.
University Learning Goals (ULGs)
You can find university learning goals through SJSU’s Student Outreach and Recruitment Website. Refer to this page for more information on the goals of the university.