Between 60 and 89 Earned Units
- Meet with the appropriate Advisor for the intended major, i.e. Major Advisor, Department Chair, etc., depending on the department.
- Discuss requirements for changing into that major.
- Use our Change of Major online application during the open application window (now open until June 1, 2021 for Fall 2021 semester).
- Apply between December 1 - January 1 for admission to the following spring term.
- Apply between May 1 - June 1 for admission to the following fall term.
- Students should be completing their change of major prerequisites the semester they apply.
- If prerequisites are being completed at another college, students must send transcripts to email@example.com to be posted on their academic records.
- For the purpose of this change of major process, send an additional copy of your unofficial transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Planning your courses after submitting an application
Students waiting for notice of acceptance will face a conundrum when they start planning for the next term. Until students' records are updated to the new major, they might not be able to register for major courses until the first week of classes OR will need to talk to the department for an add code.
Students will need to be flexible and understand that they might not have the most ideal schedule the first semester they are in the new major. This is especially true for students changing their major in the Spring as students are notified within two weeks of the start of the Spring term.