Orientation Week Overview
New International Gateways students are required to attend Orientation Week activities. Orientation activities are designed to help new students become familiar with SJSU and IG academic policies and support services. The activities also allow students to meet other new students.
Orientation Activities for Academic and Test Preparation (ATP) and Path to SJSU Degree Students
- New International Student Orientation - New ATP and Path students will learn about important visa information and sign into SJSU online resources.
- Academic Orientation: New students will become familiar with ATP courses and events, life at SJSU, and strategies for success in American university courses.
- Placement test– New students will complete a written exam and an oral placement exam. After the placement test, the IG placement team will review scores to determine students’ levels.
- Campus Tour – An SJSU student-led tour around the SJSU campus to help new students become familiar with on-campus resources.
- Student ID and Transportation Cards – All new students are eligible to receive a SJSU Student ID Card (also known as a "Tower Card") and a Valley Transportation Authority (VTA) card (called a “Clipper Card”).