Mobile & Portable Video Conferencing Units
These conferencing units can be utilized as a video room system in a conference room or as a virtual meeting room. Users can join virtual meetings from their device and connect.
What You Need to Know
Cisco TelePresence (TP) Mobile Units
Next Generation Cisco TP Mobile Units let you bring video conferencing meetings to any room on campus using campus’ data network infrastructure.
These units are mobile carts that can be moved to learning or meeting spaces to be used by the campus community.
- In a classroom setting, it enables an instructor to create an environment that allows them to bring in external professors, industry experts, and other class participants to the classroom electronically.
- This provides the experience of being in the same room with the person(s) at an external off campus location(s).
- This setup is ideal for classes that regularly have students joining the class remotely, and for instructors who regularly bring in speakers or content experts to speak to their classes.
- The Next Generation TP Mobile Units allow staff to feel as if they are present at a remote video conferencing with industry experts, faculty, staff or potential employees from off campus locations.
- These units let staff conduct video interviews, meet with vendors or allow staff to join a Zoom meeting with video.
- Mobile Units enhance the meeting experience and provide an environment to bring in external professionals for staff on campus.
Who Has Access
What You Need To Do
For “Reason” please enter: “Request for Mobile TelePresence Service”.
This request will be forwarded to the local tech team if the college or department already has the mobile telepresence unit.
Cost & Requirements