Digital Signage allows users to dynamically display and manage content on designated screens across SJSU buildings and offices, offering new ways to brand and showcase programs, events, announcements and activities.
There are over 100 Digital Signs throughout SJSU buildings and offices. Digital Signs are assigned to SJSU affiliated departments in high-traffic areas.
- Content Integration: Powerpoint, Social Media, RSS feeds and other applications
- Customize content and format
- Content scheduling and management
- Network monitoring
- Multi-user access
- Budget approval for Digital Signage
- TV and mounting bracket (purchased by the customer)
- Digital signage location requires: American Disabilities Act (ADA) compliance, Fire Marshal approval and available power and network
The cost will be determined depending on location, display size and other variables
How to Request
- Review the Digital Sign Business Process Flow [pdf] and Digital Signage Roles and Responsibilities [pdf]
- Locate primary location
- Locate alternate location
- Budget needs to be approved
- As an overview, Digital Signage Requests must be approved by Facilities Development and Operation (FDO) to meet building code and safety requirements.
- To receive a consultation, open a help ticket or contact firstname.lastname@example.org
We've created short videos and step-by-step guides that you can find below for SJSU use. Industry Weapon also has training available. You can take a look at Industry Weapon Training Videos and learn about the basics and how to create content.
Tutorials - Getting Started
- Log In [pdf]
- Introduction [pdf] - Introduction Video.
- Media Content [pdf] - Media Content Video. Uploading media is typically the first step for creating content for digital signage.
- Templates Content [pdf] - Templates allow displaying content in a uniform fashion.
- Campaigns Content [pdf] - Campaigns allow for content creators to showcase numerous slides in sequential loops on digital signs.
- Channels Content [pdf]- Channels allow for content creators to showcase their campaigns on digital signs across campus.
Tutorials - Using Apps
- Getting Started with Apps [pdf] - Apps Video. Demonstrates navigating through the available apps within Industry Weapon.
- PowerPoint Publisher [pdf] - PowerPoint Publisher Video. Most popular app. Uploads and displays PowerPoint presentations.
- Counter [pdf] - Counter Video. Creates a countdown or count to a date.
- Events [pdf] - Events Video. Showcases event calendars.
- Instagram [pdf] - Instagram Video. Displays Instagram content.
- Red Core Manager [pdf] - Red Core Video. Displays premade, generated content provided by Industry Weapon.
- Social Media Suite [pdf] - Social Media Suite Video. Broadcasts content from Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
- StatsDash [pdf] - StatsDash Video. Displays statistics.
- Web Page Publisher [pdf] - Web Page Video. Displays content from web pages.
- *Bulk Manager [pdf] - Bulk Manager Video. Designates attributes to multiple campaigns and promotes campaign management.
- *GlobalCast [pdf] - GlobalCast Video. Utilizes attributes set through Bulk Manager to display campaigns on mutliple digital signs at once.
- *Available only to users who maintain multiple digital signs