Graduate School of Social Work
- Master of Social Work (Children, Youth and Family), California State University-East Bay,
- Master of Business Administration (Management), San Francisco State University,
- Bachelor of Arts (English Literature), Rutgers University,
Licenses and Certificates
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker # 78745
- Superintendent Fellowship Program (Stanford Graduate School of Education and Graduate School of Business)
- Strategic Perspectives on Non-Profit Management (Harvard Business School Executive Education)
- Professional Program in Trauma-Informed Interventions (UC Berkeley Extension)
- SJSU Teach Online Summer Certificate Program
- Professional in Human Resources--California (PHRca)
- SAFE (Structured Analysis Family Evaluation) Home Study Certification (Consortium for Children)
I feel passionately about the role of social work and social workers in building a more just and equitable society. I am so honored to be able to work with SJSU BSW and MSW students to develop their skills in this important field.
I have been teaching at SJSU for more than five years, but I have been running social service agencies as an Executive Director for 35 years. My deepest commitment is to working with children and families in poverty, which has included work in child welfare, education, media, technology, and philanthropy.