Associate Professor, Department of Computer Science
Graduate Coordinator for MS Computer Science
Important for the week of September 18, 2023: Monday (9/18); Tuesday (9/19); and Wednesday (9/20) Please email me to schedule an online meeting time for this week.
Monday: 10:30 AM ~ 11:30 AM hybrid (Zoom + MH 214) Until 09/10/2023. After that 12 noon to 1:15 PM
Tuesday 9:00am-11:00pm online Zoom only
Wednesday: 10:30 AM ~ 11:30 AM hybrid (Zoom + MH 214) Until 09/10/2023. After that 12 noon to 1:15 PM
Please email me to get the password
Class Times (Fall 2023):
CS 268 Monday and Wednesday 9 ~ 10.15 AM
Master Students Friday 12 ~ 1 PM
Undergraduate Students Thursday 12 ~ 1 PM
Ph.D. Informatics and Communications Engineering, University of Trento, Italy (2005)
Research Interests: 5G wireless, IoT, social networking, smart grids, Device to Device (D2D), vehicular communications, Wireless communications, Satellite Networks, 6G wireless
Click here to know more about the courses I am offering this semester and the past courses that I offered at various institutions.
Click here to know more about the services that I offer and the ones I was involved before joining SJSU.
Licenses and Certificates
Prof. Saxena is an Assistant Professor at the Department of Computer Science, San Jose State University (SJSU), California, USA. Prior to joining SJSU, she worked as an Assistant/Associate Professor and Director of the Mobile Ubiquitous System Information Center (MUSIC) at the College of Information and Communication Engineering (CICE), Sungkyunkwan University (SKKU), South Korea. At SKKU Prof. Saxena supervised 12 Ph.D. and 22 MS (research) students. She also served as an International student advisor in SKKU. Prior to joining SKKU, Prof. Saxena was a visiting researcher at the University of Texas at Arlington, USA. She received her Ph.D. degree from the University of Trento, Italy.
Her research interests involve 5G wireless, IoT, social networking, smart grids, Device to Device (D2D), vehicular communications, and the like. She has co-authored one book; filed two patents and published one International book chapter on 6G; more than 90 Intl. journals and many Intl. conferences, with more than 4,000 citations (Google Scholar). She also serves as a guest editor in different Intl. journals, Technical Program Committee (TPC) Chair/member in many Intl. conferences.
- My research lab website
- Google Scholar (Citation): (>4505 citations as of March 2022)
- Link to my Research talk at College of Science, SJSU, Seminar
- Book chapter (1st chapter of the book after the Introduction chapter) in the world’s first book on next generation 6G wireless. The publisher - Springer’s website
- One of Prof. Saxena's publication: M. Agiwal, A. Roy and Navrati Saxena, "Next Generation 5G Wireless Networks: A Comprehensive Survey," in IEEE Communications Surveys & Tutorials, vol. 18, no. 3, pp. 1617-1655, thirdquarter 2016, doi: 10.1109/COMST.2016.2532458; remains as Popular Article over 6 years at the journal's website
- One of Prof. Saxena's publication: [A. Roy, F. H. Kumbhar, H. S. Dhillon, Navrati Saxena, S. Y.Shin, and S. Singh. “Efficient Monitoring and Contact Tracing for COVID-19: A Smart IoT-Based Framework”, IEEE Internet of Things Magazine, Vol. 3, No. 3, pp. 17-23, 2020] is one of the most accessed article of IEEE IoT Magazine on IEEE Xplore
- Prof. Saxena's Webpage at her previous workplace
- In NEWS: Prof. Saxena's research activities in MUSIC, SKKU (at her previous workplace) received media coverage in The Korea Herald - the most popular National English newspaper of South Korea.