Welcome to Our Second Week Online
From: Jennifer Redd, Director, eCampus
First time online, there are many things to do. But eCampus is here to help you.
Canvas, Zoom, Respondus, so much to learn. We all share the worldwide concern. So contact us, you are not alone. Send us an email or call on the phone. Strength in numbers, and we'll do great, working together at San Jose State.
As we embark on our second week online, I wanted to provide you with a variety of resources. eCampus Instructional Designers have expertise in online course design. They are available to meet with you over the phone and through web conferencing. In addition, I would recommend reviewing the following two documents:
I encourage you to visit Teach Anywhere for additional resources.
Privacy and Security of Software
The various software applications that eCampus supports, such as Canvas, Zoom, Piazza, etc., all have underdone security and accessibility reviews and adherence prior to our campus's adoption. Although companies may be offering free tools, these applications still need to get reviewed to ensure proper privacy policies are followed for our students.
eCampus extended support hours
- Monday-Friday: 8 a.m. - 7 p.m.
- Saturday: 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Sunday: 10 a.m. - 7 p.m.
Contact us by phone at 408-924-2337 and email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upcoming Online Training Opportunities
Monday, March 23
Tuesday, March 24
- 10 a.m. - Creating Future Sustainability Advocates
- 10 a.m. - Remote Teaching Series: Zoom 20 Minute Workshop
- 11:30 a.m. - Remote Teaching Series: Canvas Exams & Grading 20 Minute Workshop
- Noon - Getting Started with Adobe After Effects
- 2:30 p.m. - Automate Writing Support with Criterion and Excelsior OWL
Wednesday, March 25
- 9:30 a.m. - Learn something new through LinkedIn Learning
- 2 p.m. - Remote Teaching Series: Canvas 20 Minute Workshop
- 4 p.m. - Remote Teaching Series: Canvas Studio 20 Minute Workshop
Thursday, March 26
- 10:30 a.m. - Remote Teaching Series: Online Polling Tools 20 Minute Workshop
- 1 p.m. - Remote Teaching Series: Google Apps 20 Minute Workshop
- 2:30 p.m. - A Practical Guide to Designing Your Survey in Qualtrics (Part 1)
Friday, March 27
- 10:30 a.m. - Zoom: A Web Communication Tool
Wednesday, April 1
- 11 a.m. - SPSS: Beyond the Basics
Thursday, April 2
- 1 p.m. - NVivo I: Getting Started with NVivo
Instructor Training: LockDown Browser and Respondus Monitor
Daily Webinars about Respondus.
Please let me know if you have any questions.
Jennifer Redd, PhD