UndocuSpartan Summer Academy
The UndocuSpartan Summer Academy is a first-year experience program for newly admitted undergraduate students who are looking to join a learning community that is centered around uplifting and empowering undocumented communities at SJSU. Prior to starting the academic year, participants will have an opportunity to engage in conversations that highlight topics and issues at the intersection of higher education and immigration, such as:
- State and Federal Policies that Impact UndocuScholars
- Qualifying for AB 540/ SB 68 - CA NonResident Tuition Exemption
- Paying for College and the CA Dream Act
- Scholarships for UndocuScholars
- Beyond DACA: Generating Income and Career Readiness
- Navigating Academic Advising
Additionally, participants will have an opportunity to network with other incoming students, current students, alumni, staff, faculty, and community members that are committed to the success of our UndocuSpartans.
Apply to the 2022 UndocuSpartan Summer Academy!
- Date: August 2nd-6th, 2022
- Deadline to apply: July 8th @11:59pm.
Schedule at a glance:
- Online Workshops: Tuesday, August 2nd - Thursday, August 5th (10am-2pm)
- In-person Community Gathering: Saturday, August 6th (10am-2pm)
Questions? contact us!
NOTE: All participants must follow SJSU's Covid-19 Vaccine Requirements. This requirement includes completing the COVID-19 vaccine primary series and booster shot, when eligible. Learn more here.