eFaculty Training and Help
Annual & Cumulative Evaluation Training Material
To help staff, faculty, and committee members, we have posted several eFaculty Training resources on our website. Find training guides for all users and a video for faculty:
- Administrator Guide [pdf] - This guide is intended to help staff create and monitor cases
- Email Standard Messaging [docx] - This document includes the email messages that can be easily copied and pasted when emailing faculty within eFaculty.
- Faculty Guide [pdf] - This guide is for faculty to help them upload materials to their profile.
- Faculty Training Video [YouTube] - This 30-minute video follows the Faculty Guide and is designed for faculty.
- Committee Member Guide [pdf] - This guide is divided into sections to help committee members review cases.
eFaculty Open Labs
Open Lab Sessions for Staff
UP-Faculty Services offers open lab sessions for Department Admins and College Analysts who create annual and cumulative evaluation cases in eFaculty. During the open lab sessions, you can review eFaculty processes and ask questions. The open lab sessions are hosted via Zoom, and no registration is required. Join us at any time during the sessions.
The dates and times for the open lab sessions are listed on a Google Doc. The link to the Google Doc is listed below. If you have any questions or would like to receive a Google Calendar invite to a session, please email eFaculty@sjsu.edu.
Open Lab Sessions for Faculty & MPP
UP - Faculty Services offers open lab sessions to assist faculty preparing for reviews or evaluations and reviewers with the process in eFaculty. Please feel free to drop in at any time during the sessions. If you have any questions or would like to receive a Google Calendar invite to a session, please email eFaculty@sjsu.edu.
UP - FS will provide a training and consultation schedule for using eFaculty for faculty being reviewed and for committee members and administrators. The group may also provide consultation and/or presentations upon request of a unit or division.
- Annual and Cumulative Evaluations for eFaculty [YouTube]
- eFaculty Mini Review Faculty Training Guide [pdf]
- eFaculty Post-Tenure Review Faculty Training Guide [pdf]
- eFaculty Training FAQ [pdf]
- Range Elevation in eFaculty [YouTube]
- RTP in eFaculty Part 1 [YouTube]
- RTP in eFaculty Part 2 [YouTube]
- How to Create Multiple Cases [pdf]
- Notify Candidate or Multiple Candidates of Case Creation [pdf]
- Sending Evaluation to Candidate for Optional Response [pdf]
- Adding Activities to Faculty 180 [pdf]
- Apply for Sabbatical, Optional Response [pdf]
- Applying for Assigned Time for Exceptional Levels of Service to Students [pdf]
- Find, Add, Remove SOTE/SOLATEs [pdf]
- How to Preview and Submit a Packet [pdf]
- Logging In [pdf]
- Separating Unwanted Materials From Your Packet [pdf]
- Submitting Late-Add Materials [pdf]
- Submitting Your Packet [pdf]
- Uploading Packets into eFaculty after Separating Materials [pdf]
- What is Your Packet? [pdf]
- All Users
Help for Reviewers
- Contact James Lee if you need further assistance.