What is CHRS?
CHRS is the CSU’s Common Human Resources System, built in PeopleSoft HCM 9.2. This system manages all aspects of an employee’s records at SJSU including position, job and personal data; temporary academic employment; student employment; benefits; time and absence data; and more. All CSU campuses will exist in one database. SJSU is part of the second wave of campuses implementing the new system and will begin the project in June of 2021. The system is set to go live in December of 2022. To learn more, visit the Chancellor’s Office CHRS website.
CHRS will be an upgraded version of PeopleSoft (HR only) that is shared with all other CSU campuses and the Chancellor’s Office.
- A few functions will be changing significantly; some of these include:
- Temporary Academic Employment Processing
- Benefits Self Service
- Time & Labor Self Service
- New functions will also be implemented:
- Transactional Front End (replacing current transactional forms)
- Data Warehouse for reporting
To learn more about the anticipated changes, please see CHRS Changes.