Leaving the University
When an employee separates from the University, several steps must be followed prior to the employee's last day.
- Collect a letter of resignation from the employee
- Print an Employee Profile from SJSU @ Work and provide the date of termination (the first day they are no longer in the department) and the “last day physically worked” in the Comments section; attach the resignation letter and send to Employee Support Services; If the employee is faculty, copy email@example.com on the email.
- Approve employee's absences in SJSU @ Work
- If the separating employee has any direct reports for Absence Management purposes, submit a completed Position Management Action Form [DocuSign] to designate "new reports to."
- Initiate the Employee Clearance Form [DocuSign] [Instructions: Document, Video]
For employees leaving the University, an exit interview will be scheduled with an Employee Support Services Representative in University Personnel. The Employee Clearance Form [DocuSign] [Instructions: Document, Video] must be completed prior to this meeting. During this meeting, we will:
- Encourage completion of the confidential exit survey
- Provide forms regarding retirement contributions and/or COBRA information
- Provide information regarding payment of final wages
- Confirm the employee's current mailing address