If one of your employees is injured at work, you must take the following steps immediately in order to qualify for Workers’ Compensation benefits:
- Report the injury to your supervisor or University Personnel – 408-924-2155
- If you must seek medical attention first, notify your supervisor or University Personnel as soon as possible.
- Seek medical attention
Your supervisor must then take the following steps:
- Complete the Employer’s Report of Occupational Injury or Illness [pdf]
- Write the description of the accident using the employee’s own account
- Give you (the employee) a copy of the Workers’ Compensation Claim Form (DWC 1) and Notice of Potential Eligibility [pdf]
- Sign and submit both forms via DocuSign to University Personnel (email@example.com) when complete.