Early Childhood Institute
Our Vision: Equity. Quality. Inclusion.
Recognizing the potential each and every child brings into the world, SJSU's Early Childhood Institute (ECI) seeks to transform the field of early learning and care through impactful research, training and advocacy efforts that promote equitable, high-quality, and inclusive early learning and care settings to benefit all children.
The ECI institute is a collaborative, interdisciplinary network of professional researchers, educators, and community partners working to elevate and impact the field of early childhood through three main efforts:
- Mentor, train, and support early childhood educators, including current SJSU students, alumni, and early career
professionals, through activities that promote equity, improve quality, and embrace
- Advance authentic, cutting-edge research and connect research to practice through strategies that benefit the healthy development of babies and children across
early learning and care environments.
- Advocate on issues that expand and professionalize the field of early childhood, lifting the voices of children, caregivers, educators, and families to influence budget and policy conversations.
We invite you to connect with us:
- Sign up for ECI's mailing list to stay up-to-date on news, special events, and opportunities.
- To learn more about professional development and training offerings on topics related to early childhood, email us at email@example.com.
ECI is a community-focused institute, designed to generate opportunities for interaction among current students and alumni, SJSU faculty, local early childhood leaders, and practitioners in the field. Our work is informed by, and directed toward, the needs and interests of diverse populations and stakeholders.
Are you an SJSU student or alumni whose career goals involve working with young children and their families? Are you interested in connecting with other alumni and current students who share the goal of promoting high-quality early care and learning experiences for children?
In the News
- Goals and actions from the 2021 California Master Plan for Early Learning and Care
- Early Childcare Providers are on the Front Lines of the Coronavirus Pandemic (Lurie College blog, Mar. 2020)
- Support for each and every child from the start: A call for affordable, high-quality care and education for babies and toddlers across the state (CalMatters, Feb. 2020)
If you are looking for early education and care for your child, please contact our partners:
- SJSU Child & Adolescent Development Department Lab School
- SJSU Associated Students Child Development Center