Summer and Fall 2023 HSPM 191 Internship Requirements
- HSPM 191 Internship is an elective course and is open to seniors who have completed 90 units towards degree prior to Fall 2023 semester. It is recommended that students take HSPM 191 in the semester they graduate.
- Students GPA must be higher than 2.5.
- Student must have at least 100 hours of prior work experience in hospitality related business.
- Complete Linkedin Learning course, Turning an Internship into a Job by Elise Gelwicks. Attached the completion certificate to the application form.
- For Summer 2023 semester internship, students must work from June 5, 2023, to August 4, 2023.
- For Fall 2023 semester internship, students must work from August 21, 2023, to December 6, 2023.
- It is recommended that students take the internship class in the semester they graduate.
- HSPM 191 is 3-unit and requires 300 hours of work. Students may use their current jobs to fulfill Internship requirements.
- Only hospitality related jobs are acceptable, e.g., hotels/lodging, F&B/restaurants, and Events.
- The job has to be paid.
- Students must apply in advance and be approved.
- There will be three mandatary meetings during the semester. Date and time will be announced before semester begin.
- The Employer Supervisor will fill out an evaluation form at the end of the Spring semester.
If you have any questions regarding HSPM 191 or need the application form, please email Dr. Tsu-Hong Yen, email@example.com, Chair and Internship Coordinator.