NURS 576: Biostatistics
Enrolled students may access all course materials via Blackboard.
Course Description and Purpose:
Examination of methods to generate and analyze biostatistical data to design, implement, and evaluate programs and policies for the healthcare of populations.
The purpose of this course is to prepare graduates to analyze biostatistical methodologies and to evaluate programs and models to determine responses to health problems.
The goals of this course are to prepare students to:
- Analyze statistical data related to individual, aggregate and population health
- Evaluate the impact of healthcare delivery programs on health conditions
- Design survey instruments and create and analyze a dataset based on that instrument
Student Learning Outcomes (SLOs):
Upon completion of this course, the student, shall, at a minimum, be able to:
- Analyze statistical and other scientific methodologies related to the health of individuals, aggregates, and populations
- Analyze hypothesis tests encountered in biostatistical research
- Create a dataset
- Analyze this dataset using basic and advanced statistical methods
- Synthesize the results of this analysis in a clear, concise manner