Deadline to Register: May 12, 2023 at 5:00 p.m.
Eligible students receive a registration email to their "SJSU Email Address" on file with the University with pertinent event details and reminders.
Link to REGISTER
Each registered student will receive unlimited guest tickets at NO cost. Guest tickets can be claimed through Eventbrite.
* Guest tickets are not required for participating graduates. Guest tickets are required for all guests age three and up. Guest ticket allowance is subject to change based on capacity, CDC, state and county health guidelines.
Claim your tickets today through Eventbrite!
As a part of your participation in the 40th Annual Black Graduation Celebration, we are extending and opportunity for you to take part in a free graduate individual headshot and group photo on Saturday, April 29th, 2023 between 9am - 1pm PST.
**Participation in the photoshoot is FREE to you, upon successful completion of the registration form linked above.
Each student participating in the photoshoot will recieve the following:
- One individual photo (cap and gown provided; if MA or Doctorate, please provide additional regalia)
- One group photo
Photos will be edited and emailed to each student following the commencement ceremonies.
Post photoshoot, you will receive the following:
- Digital access to your individual headshot
- Physical Copy of Program Booklet (Provided Day of Event)
Each registered student will receive an email with instructions for claiming their complimentary parking permit after the registration deadline has passed.
Graduate Parking Information:
Please read the following instructions if you do not have a valid parking permit. If you already have an active permit for May 22nd, there is NO need to redeem an extra one.
- Click on the guest permit link: https://sjsu.t2hosted.com/per/index.aspx?key=19bb62b4c2bd48f9a2ccebfd908f4337
- Login using the method below:
- University-affiliated students can click on the “Affiliated Login” button on the Login page. Log in using your SJSUOne username and password
3. Enter your vehicle license plate number, if you don’t already have an existing vehicle in your account.
4. Select the vehicle to be associated with the permit. SJSU is a virtual permit campus. Your vehicle license plate serves as your parking permit.
5. Follow the prompts until you receive the confirmation that your permit has been redeemed.
6. Review your permit details to make sure it is valid for the correct day(s).
The Provident Credit Union Event Center is an accessible building on campus. Students and guests with ADA accessibility needs will enter through the designated entrance on the ground floor of the venue. ADA accessible seating will be available inside of the venue. Should you have any direct questions, please feel free to reach out to The BLOC Program Director, Emerald Green - email@example.com
Event Prohibited Items:
Commencement is a "Clear Bag Policy" [pdf] [pdf] event. For the safety and enjoyment of all attendees, the following items are not permitted at the event:
- NO Drones or airborne flying devices
- NO Helium Balloons
- NO Artificial noise-making devices, horns, air horns
- NO Inflatable balls, frisbees, tortillas, etc.
- NO Confetti or streamers
- NO Skateboards, scooters, rollerblades
- NO Signs or banners larger than 3’ x 5’ and must be foldable (if a banner is brought, it will be inspected before being admitted. It may not be attached to any railings, fencing, etc. Must be held only)
- NO Coolers, hard sided coolers
- NO Outside Food or Beverages (Including Alcohol, Fruit and Candy)
- NO Illegal Substances, Drugs or Drug Paraphernalia
- NO Tobacco Products or Paraphernalia
- NO Markers, Pens or Spray Paint
- NO Laser Pointers
- NO Solid Backpacks, Purses or Bags (see our clear bag policy [pdf])
- NO Weapons of Any Kind (Includes Pocket Knives, Pepper Spray, Fireworks, etc.)
- NO Professional Recording Equipment – Photo Video, or Audio (No Detachable Lenses, Tripods, Big Zooms or Commercial Use Rigs)
- NO Items deemed to be dangerous or inappropriate by management that may disrupt other attendees' enjoyment of the event
- NO Pets are permitted at this event. ADA service animals are allowed.
- There is no public storage for prohibited items, nor can any items be held by the event staff.
- SJSU is not responsible for any lost or stolen items.
- All guests will be subject to search, which may include the use of electronic devices, pat downs and inspections of bags.
- Guests are discouraged from bringing unnecessary items to the event.