Deadline to Register: May 16, 2022 at 5:00 p.m.
Eligible students receive a registration email to their "SJSU Email Address" on file with the University with pertinent event details and reminders.
Link to REGISTER
Each registered student will receive unlimited guest tickets at NO cost. Guest tickets can be claimed through Eventbrite.
* Guest tickets are not required for participating graduates. Guest tickets are required for all guests age three and up. Guest ticket allowance is subject to change based on capacity, CDC, state and county health guidelines.
Claim your tickets today through Eventbrite!
As a part of your participation in the 40th Annual Black Graduation Celebration, we are extending and opportunity for you to take part in a free graduate individual headshot and group photo on Saturday, April 30th, 2022 between 9am - 1pm PST.
**Participation in the photoshoot is FREE to you, upon successful completion of the registration form linked above.
Each student participating in the photoshoot will recieve the following:
- One individual photo (cap and gown provided; if MA or Doctorate, please provide additional regalia)
- One group photo
Photos will be edited and emailed to each student following the commencement ceremonies.
Post photoshoot, you will receive the following:
- Digital access to your individual headshot
- Physical Copy of Program Booklet (Provided Day of Event)
Each registered student will receive an email with instructions for claiming their complimentary parking permit after the registration deadline has passed.
Guest Parking Information:
Guest parking permits are available now for pre-sale at a discounted rate of $4.00.
The cost of on-site event parking will increase to $5.00 per permit starting May 25.
Guests may purchase their discounted parking permit by following the instructions
Scan the QR code below or go to this link: https://sjsu.t2hosted.com/pnw2/selectevent.aspx
2. Select the event you are attending
3. Check the box where you want to park
4. Click ‘ADD TO BASKET’
5. Enter your Vehicle License Plate # and click ‘NEXT’
6. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and select ‘PAY NOW’
7. Scroll to the bottom of the page and select ‘PAY NOW’
8. Complete the required fields and pay for parking with a credit card
*** The university will follow the California Department of Public Health’s policies on mega indoor events. All staff, faculty, graduates and guests must use the SJSU COVID-19 Symptom Check Tool.
On April 1, the California Department of Public Health updated its mega indoor event guidelines. SJSU Commencement ceremonies will align with these changes and no longer require proof of vaccination or a negative COVID test result for entry into the Spring 2022 Commencement Ceremonies and activities. However, it is still strongly recommended that all graduates and guests are either fully vaccinated or receive a negative COVID-19 test result before attending their ceremony.
SJSU will continue to require masks or face coverings to be worn indoors for the remainder of the semester per the announcement made on April 11, 2022. This requires all graduates and guests over the age of two to wear a mask while inside the venue at all Spring 2022 Graduation Ceremonies. Graduates will be allowed to briefly take their masks off as they cross the stage. We appreciate your adherence to this policy.
The Provident Credit Union Event Center is an accessible building on campus. Students and guests with ADA accessibility needs will enter through the designated entrance on the ground floor of the venue. ADA accessible seating will be available inside of the venue. Should you have any direct questions, please feel free to reach out to The BLOC Program Director, Emerald Green - firstname.lastname@example.org
Event Prohibited Items:
Commencement is a "Clear Bag Policy" [pdf] [pdf] event. For the safety and enjoyment of all attendees, the following items are not permitted at the event:
- NO Drones or airborne flying devices
- NO Helium Balloons
- NO Artificial noise-making devices, horns, air horns
- NO Inflatable balls, frisbees, tortillas, etc.
- NO Confetti or streamers
- NO Skateboards, scooters, rollerblades
- NO Signs or banners larger than 3’ x 5’ and must be foldable (if a banner is brought, it will be inspected before being admitted. It may not be attached to any railings, fencing, etc. Must be held only)
- NO Coolers, hard sided coolers
- NO Outside Food or Beverages (Including Alcohol, Fruit and Candy)
- NO Illegal Substances, Drugs or Drug Paraphernalia
- NO Tobacco Products or Paraphernalia
- NO Markers, Pens or Spray Paint
- NO Laser Pointers
- NO Solid Backpacks, Purses or Bags (see our clear bag policy [pdf])
- NO Weapons of Any Kind (Includes Pocket Knives, Pepper Spray, Fireworks, etc.)
- NO Professional Recording Equipment – Photo Video, or Audio (No Detachable Lenses, Tripods, Big Zooms or Commercial Use Rigs)
- NO Items deemed to be dangerous or inappropriate by management that may disrupt other attendees' enjoyment of the event
- NO Pets are permitted at this event. ADA service animals are allowed.
- There is no public storage for prohibited items, nor can any items be held by the event staff.
- SJSU is not responsible for any lost or stolen items.
- All guests will be subject to search, which may include the use of electronic devices, pat downs and inspections of bags.
- Guests are discouraged from bringing unnecessary items to the event.