National Day of Racial Healing - SJSU Activities
SAVE THE DATE: January 17, 2023
The National Day of Racial Healing is a time to contemplate our shared values and create the blueprint together for #HowWeHeal from the effects of racism. Launched on Jan. 17, 2017, it is an opportunity to bring ALL people together in their common humanity and inspire collective action to create a more just and equitable world. SJSU will be participating as a part of this larger nation-wide initiative.
Tentatively scheduled activities for SJSU's participation in the National Day of Racial Healing:
- Events to be held in the Diaz Compean Student Union, Meeting Room 2
- 10:00am - 10:30am Opening and Welcome
- 10:30am - 12:00noon National Day of Racial Healing Town Hall Broadcast
- 2:00pm - 4:00pm Community viewing of “Cracking the Codes” Video and Dialogue
- SoFa Market, 387 South 1st Street, San José, CA, 95113
- 4:30-6:00pm No host gathering
Should there be any updates to the day's events, they will be posted here. Consider bookmarking this page for future reference.
For more information on the National Day of Racial Healing, check out the W.K. Kellogg Foundation's website