How to Apply to the Path to SJSU Degree Program (Conditional Eligibility)
Your Path to SJSU Degree application will involve the following steps:
- CalStateApply (Please find the application tutorial below and have it open in a separate tab while you are working on your online application.)
- Payment page (you will receive the link from IG Admissions by email)
- Secure document upload portal (you will receive the link from IG Admissions by email)
Academic Background Scenarios for Conditional Eligibility Evaluation
SJSU offers first-time freshman and low-division transfer undergraduate and graduate Conditional Eligibility. International students with different academic backgrounds may be eligible to apply. Look through the five possible academic background scenario forms below to download and complete the file that matches your academic background the best.
- For students who are in their final semester of high school (undergraduate Conditional Eligibility) In the Final Semester of High School
- For students who graduated high school less than a year ago (undergraduate Conditional Eligibility) Graduated HS Less than a Year Ago
- For students who graduated high school more than a year ago (undergraduate Conditional Eligibility) Graduated High School More than a Year Ago
- For students who graduated high school and attended college/ university (undergraduate Conditional Eligibility) Graduated High School and Attended College-University
- For students who have a four-year bachelor degree (graduate Conditional Eligibility) Graduate Conditional Eligibility
All forms are in PDF format and require Adobe Reader to view, complete, and print.
Application Steps for the Path to SJSU Degree Program
- Please have the application tutorial open in a separate tab and follow the EXACT steps to apply in CalStateApply Spring 2023 CalStateApply Tutorial (PDF).
- Complete and submit an online application for ATP in CalStateApply.
- Look for an email from SJSU Admissions with a 9-digit SJSU ID number.
- Receive an email from IG Admissions with the links to the payment page and secure document upload portal.
- Go to the payment page and pay one non-refundable application fee of $250 USD for the Path to SJSU Degree program application.
- Review the academic background files. Select, download and complete the one that matches your background the best.
- Download and complete the Student Consent for Release of Information. If you have an agency assisting you with this application, please indicate your agency information in the form. If you do not have an agency/agent, please leave the middle part of the Student Consent form blank.
One of the required documents (for F-1 students only) is an SJSU/IG Financial Statement Form. You can choose one of the two options below.
Option 1: your I-20 will be issued for 9 months
Complete and upload SJSU/IG Financial Statement Form for nine months and submit bank statement(s) showing at least $35,100 USD (SJSU/IG Financial Statement Form for $35,100 USD)
Option 2: your I-20 will be issued for 12 months
Complete and upload SJSU/IG Financial Statement Form for twelve months and submit bank statement(s) showing at least $46,100 US (SJSU/IG Financial Statement Form for $46,100 USD)
- Use the documents upload portal to upload the required documents including the completed academic scenario.pdf file.
- Receive the Acceptance Letter for the ATP program, and a digital I-20 (for F-1 students) issued by International Gateways. These documents will be sent to the email you indicated in your CalStateApply application to the Path to SJSU Degree program.
- Receive an email from IG Admissions with the list of the academic documents that are required to be mailed to International Gateways for Conditional Eligibility evaluation.
- Collect and mail or have your schools mail the required official academic documents to International Gateways. The mailing address is provided below.
- Have SJSU Admissions review your academic transcripts and certificates, calculate your GPA, and verify your Conditional Eligibility.
- Receive a Conditional Eligibility letter from SJSU Admissions sent by email from IG Admissions.
- Receive an email from IG Admissions with the I-20 (for F-1 students) updated about your Conditional Eligibility status.
Where should I mail my official academic documents?
Please mail the official copies of your transcripts and certificates to:
International Gateways, CPGE, SJSU
One Washington Square, San Jose, CA, USA, 95192
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org