Heidi Livingston Eisips
- MKTBA Adjunct Faculty
- Sbona Honors Program Faculty Advisor
- Engineering, STEM, and Professional Writing
- Faculty Advisor
Preferred: (408) 924-7208
Mon/Wed 2:00pm - 3:00pm or by appointment
Bachelor of Arts, UC Berkeley, 1990
Masters in Business Administration (MBA), Yale University, 1997
EdD in Educational Leadership, San Jose State University, expected 2022
Heidi Livingston Eisips has an MBA with an emphasis in Market Research and Strategy from Yale University. She is an adjunct faculty member in both Marketing & Business Analytics (Lucas College of Business) and Interdisciplinary Engineering (Davidson College of Engineering) at SJSU. She teaches a wide variety of statistics, analytics, marketing, and engineering communication courses.
Ms. Eisips has worked as a marketing strategist with Fortune 100's, start-ups, and mid-size companies, across a variety of industries, including enterprise software, mobile tech, biopharma, ed tech, and higher ed.
Ms. Eisips has served on the Anti-Racism Task Force for the Lucas College of Business, as well as a recent university-wide Honors Task Force. A member of SJSU’s Doctoral program in Educational Leadership, with an research emphasis on higher ed leadership and student success, Ms. Eisips is also a founding member of the Unconscious Bias Working Group at Santa Clara University’s Miller Center for Social Entrepreneurship.
An experienced lecturer and facilitator, Ms. Eisips has taught all ages, from elementary to post-graduate, both in the classroom and in professional development and training settings. With expertise in a wide array of educational technologies, her pedagogical strength is encouraging student voice, creativity, innovation, and design thinking through a balance between online and in-person educational approaches. Her research focus is on ethics in data analytics, educational approaches for student success, and exploring the intersection between technology and student voice.
An experienced writer and editor, Ms. Eisips has worked as a faculty-in-residence with the SJSU Writing Center; she concurrently holds an adjunct faculty position in Interdisciplinary Engineering to teach communications for undergraduates across all engineering and STEM disciplines. She serves on the College of Business Written Communication Task Force.
My Leadership Mission Statement
As a leader I will:
- Build collaborative relationships of trust and mutual respect.
- Honor diverse perspectives; honor individual and academic freedom.
- Listen; participate in thoughtful dialogue.
- Give people the benefit of the doubt; assume good intent.
- Generate safe spaces which foster creativity; allow room for failure on the path to innovation.
- Engage in compassionate, purposeful service to the community.
- Marketing & Business Analytics
- Gary J. Sbona Honors Program
- G.o.A.L (Generation of Aspirational Leaders)
- Doctoral Program in Education Leadership
- Trust, But Verify (INFORMS Resoundingly Human Podcast Oct 2019)
- Taking A Stand for Data Ethics (OR/MS Magazine Viewpoint Column Dec 2019)
- Bias and Social Media (INFORMS Resoundingly Human Podcast July 2020)
- 97 Things Ethics Everyone Science Should Know (Contributor, Aug 2020)