Students in the Department of Communicative Disorders and Sciences have access to a wide variety of helpful resources both on campus and off. Be sure to take the time to explore these sites. They have been selected to provide you with a range of helpful information.
- Advising - Undergraduate and graduate students in Communicative Disorders and Sciences are strongly encouraged to meet with a departmental academic advisor at least once per semester.
- Employment Opportunities - This page highlights teaching assistant, research assistant, and more opportunities for our current CDS undergraduate and graduate students.
- Financial Aid and Scholarships - Visit this page for SJSU, Lurie College of Education, and CDS financial aid and scholarship information.
- Forms- Visit this page for frequently used CDS, clinic, SJSU, certification, licensure, and credential forms.
- Handbooks and Policies- Visit this page for student handbooks and program policies.
- Journal Club - Our Communicative Disorders and Sciences Journal Club supports our undergraduate and graduate students' efforts to publish research in their field.
- NSSLHA Student Organization - CDS students are also encouraged to join the SJSU NSSLHA chapter, which represents students’ interests, sponsors local speaker seminars, and participates in community service projects and fundraising activities.
- Professional Resources - Access California professional resources in audiology and speech-language pathology, national professional resources in audiology and speech-language pathology, and related professional associations and resources for audiology and speech-language pathology.
- Promise Group - The Promise Group was established to create opportunities for first generation students and those who are part of the SJSU Spartan Scholars, Guardian Scholars, or Educational Opportunity Program to participate in a year-long personal, academic, and professional development experience.
Lurie College Social Media Accounts
- Lurie College of Education Recent Alumni Network group
- SJSU Lurie College of Education Facebook page
- Lurie College Student Success Center page
- SJSU NSSLHA page
- Lurie College of Education | @sjsulurie
- Student Success Center | @luriesuccess
- Communicative Disorders and Sciences Department | @sjsu.cds.speechpathology
- SJSU NSSLHA Chapter | @sjsunsslhachapter
- Spartan Aphasia Research Clinic (SPARC) | @sjsuaphasia
- SJSU Lurie College of Education | @sjsulurie
- Lurie College Student Success Center | @luriesuccess
- SJSU NSSLHA Chapter | @sjsunsslha
- Heather Lattimer, dean | @hlattimer
- Marcella McCollum, faculty | @M_McCollum
- Nidhi Mahendra, faculty | @NidhiMahendra
- Wendy Quach, faculty | @wq_aac