Commencement Crew and Faculty
We need your help to make these ceremonies an incredible experience for all who attend. Make a BIG impact on our graduating students and their guests by volunteering for the Commencement Crew!
Or if you're a faculty member, show your pride for your graduating students by attending
the commenceent ceremony in your academic regalia. Faculty are also invited to participate as a Faculty Marshal to help students cross
the stage during their ceremony.
For position descriptions and how to sign up, check out the details below:
How To Sign Up
- Monday, December 12, 2022: Event Set Up
- Tuesday, December 13, 2022: Event Set Up
- Wednesday, December 14, 2022: Event Set Up
- Thursday, December 15, 2022: Commencement Ceremony Support
- Friday, December 16, 2022: Commencement Ceremony Support
Faculty Rental Regalia
Faculty who would like to participate in the ceremony but need academic regalia may
rent from our official vendor at no cost.
Deadline to order is Tuesday, November 15 by 8:59p.m. PST.
- Select the "Rent Faculty Regalia Order Now" option
- Choose your degree type from the drop down menu
- Select "Cap & Gown" next tot he "Home" button
- Fill in your personal information and click "Add to Cart"
- Click "Proceed to Checkout" on the next page\
- Verify your order details are correct then click "Proceed to Checkout"
- Enter your shipping information and faculty email address then Click "Continue"
Faculty and staff may use their existing parking permit to park on campus during the ceremonies. If you do not have a parking permit, event parking permits will be available for purchase.
* Confirm when your permit expires by logging into your Parking Services portal and
clicking "View Your Permits"
** If you have questions about your permit or experience issues, please contact Parking Services at email@example.com
Commencement Crew members receive training, a cool Crew t-shirt, and catered meals during each shift. Breaks will also be provided.
* Shift times may vary slightly from the posted times, depending on your role and the needs for each ceremony. Thank you for your support and understanding.
** All staff (CSUEU/MPP) must obtain approval from their appropriate administrator before completing the Commencement Staffing Form. Please note: Non-exempt employees are eligible for overtime compensation or Compensatory Time Off (CTO) for hours worked over 40 hours in the work week. Faculty are not required to have appropriate administrator approval.
*** The university will follow the California Department of Public Health’s policies on mega indoor events. All staff, faculty, graduates and guests are encuraged to use the SJSU COVID-19 Symptom Check Tool before arriving on campus.
We would love to be able to say that the impacts of COVID-19 are behind us. Unfortunately, COVID-19, as well as flu and other respiratory illnesses, are taking hold as we enter winter.
As of December 13: Based on the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) COVID-19 metrics for Santa Clara County, which are currently at the MEDIUM level for cases and related hospitalizations, we strongly recommend everyone wear a mask or face covering when indoors at SJSU facilities, including the Event Center where our commencement ceremonies will take place.
We also ask that if you are not feeling well, or have tested positive for Covid-19, that you take advantage of the opportunity to watch our ceremonies on Live Stream, rather than attend in person.
*Masks are still required in the Student Wellness Center.
Restrictions may tighten based on the risks associated with the commencement ceremonies. Please check our website often for up to date information and announcements regarding the safety requirements of these commencement ceremonies.
Still have questions? Email the commencement office at firstname.lastname@example.org