BS, Software Engineering
The Department of Computer Engineering in the College of Engineering offers a BS in Software Engineering. The program is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET. Software engineering encompasses the systematic design, development, production, and maintenance of complex computer programs. Software engineers create operating systems, mobile and web applications, and networking applications. The program covers the following data science topics:
- The role of data and analytics
- Probability, descriptive and inferential statistics
- Data manipulation
- Systems development life cycle
- Data storage, including databases, architecture, processing, and management
- Data quality, including retrieval and filtering
- Data visualization and communication
- Data ethics
- Data security
A software engineering degree prepares graduates for work in a variety of computer science occupations.
Visit the Bachelor of Science in Software Engineering website for more information about the program.