BS, Computer Science
The Department of Computer Science in the College of Science offers a BS in Computer Science. The program is accredited by the Computing Accreditation Commission of ABET. This degree provides a solid background for a variety of careers in the computing profession. Entry level positions include jobs in programming, systems analysis, software engineering and customer support. Such positions are required by nearly every institution whether it is public or private. The program covers the following data science topics:
- The role of data and analytics
- Data storage, including databases, architecture, processing, and management
- Data quality, including retrieval and filtering
- Probability, descriptive and inferential statistics
- Data manipulation
- Systems development life cycle
- Data ethics
- Data security
The program not only prepares students for graduate work in computer science, but also for advanced work in the related fields of management science and operations research.
Visit the Department of Computer Science website for more information about the program.