Resources are available to students who are seeking support for mental health, community involvement, career planning, academic support, accessibility, and food and housing insecurity.
SJSU Office of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Counseling and Psychological Services
The SJSU Counseling and Psychological Services is located on the corner of 7th Street and San Carlos in the new Student Wellness Center, Room 300B. To schedule an appointment or learn more information, visit the Counseling and Psychological Services website at sjsu.edu/counseling.
Students experiencing challenges meeting their basic needs including, but not limited to, access to food, shelter, and a safe space are encouraged to contact SJSU Cares. Students who feel that their class performance may be affected by these challenges are encouraged to notify their professors, if comfortable doing so. Faculty members may be able to provide flexibility within the course for students working with a case manager.
- Housing Assistance | SJSU Cares
- SJSU Cares - Request for Assistance form
- Spartan Food Pantry
- California Food Stamps | GetCalFresh.org
College students that receive financial aid also qualify for “CalFresh, known federally as SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program), provides a monthly cash supplement loaded onto a debit/EBT card to purchase groceries.”
The Office of Sustainability
- The Clothes Closet provides gently used clothing and new socks or undergraments for students' basic needs.
- The Share Shelf provides students with free school supplies. "Supplies are donated surplus goods from various departments on campus. Students can come in at any time during office hours and get anything they need, free of charge!”
- Free Graduation Gowns, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
SJSU Campus Scholarships
SJSU UndocuSpartan Resources