Environmental Studies Department Scholarships
The Department of Environmental Studies is pleased to announce multiple scholarship opportunities for undergraduate and graduate students. The 2023-2024 ENVS scholarships are open from April 4th, 2023 - April 30th, 2023.
Only one application is required
To be eligible for any of these scholarships, you must be an enrolled student, have a declared major in the Department of Environmental Studies, and a GPA of 2.75 or higher
Prepare your application in a single Word or PDF file and save the attachment under your last name, first name-Scholarship (e.g., Garcia, Kelly-Scholarship.docx, Garcia, Kelly-Scholarship.pdf). Email your completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11:59pm on April 30, 2023.
Only complete applications will be considered, you must include the following:
2. Statement of Interest (<750) that describes:
- demonstrated commitment to environmental protection
- your goals beyond college for promoting a sustainable future
- any special financial need you may have
3. Brief budget showing how you would use the scholarship money. Include items such as:
- room & board
- transportation, supplies
- research expenses
- other unmet costs
4. Current Curriculum Vitae or Resume
5. Transcripts showing your GPA (unofficial transcripts are fine)
6. For MS award applicants, also include:
- research project abstract (<200 words including objectives and methods)
- projected timeline with important milestones.
Scholarships available for AY 2023-2024
If you are selected for a scholarship, you must:
1. Submit a personally-signed thank you letter to the Department of Environmental Studies, addressed to the scholarship provider. The letter should include information from your application essay. Materials for releasing the funds will be provided only after the letter is approved by the Department of Environmental Studies.
2. If awarded a Luckhardt fellowship, give a presentation on your research to the West San Jose chapter of Kiwanis International within one year of receiving funding.
For more information, please contact the department of Environmental Studies via the department Live chat service or email at email@example.com