Location: Faculty Office Bldg. 231
The Mike Schmidt Philosophy Center offers individualized and small group tutoring in support of all undergraduate philosophy courses. The Center is staffed by tutors who are philosophy graduate students and advanced undergraduate philosophy majors.
Tutoring services include:
- Guidance with homework assignments
- Advice for writing analytic essays (criticism and construction of arguments, justifications and explanations)
- Coaching on formal and informal logic and critical thinking
- Preparation for quizzes and examinations
- Computer-assisted instruction
- General advice on writing philosophy papers and reading philosophical texts.
During off hours, the Center also serves as a social gathering place for discussion and mutual assistance among philosophy students.
The Philosophy Tutoring Center does not take appointments. Tutoring is by walk-on only, during the hours as noted on the current semester tutoring schedule [pdf].
Find information about working in the Center as an ISA on our Student Employment page.