Advertise on our Screens
Student Union Screen Policies
NOTE: (Status Last Updated: July 26, 2022.) Our screens are now available for service. If you wish to make a screen request, please follow the procedure below.
As the center of campus life, we strive to help students succeed through advertising programs and events across the entire campus community. We have several digital screens located inside the Student Union that can be used to advertise campus and student organization events and programs.
We're excited to help you make your event or program a success. Below is a list of requirements and procedures to smooth out the process of getting your information on the screens throughout the Diaz Compean Student Union. If you have any questions, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Images must be advertising an event. SJSU courses will not be accepted for advertising.
- Images advertising an essential program or service may be accepted if the program is not already heavily marketed or advertised across the university.
- Events advertised must be campus-wide in scale and open to all.
- Each SJSU campus department will be allowed 2 images per calendar month lasting a total of 20 seconds.
- Each SJSU Student organization may have 1 image every 4 weeks advertising a key event
for the semester.
- You may request to have additional images in that time frame. We will approve these based on availability
- Ticketed events or those requiring signups may be posted up to 1 month prior to the event date.
- Non-ticketed events may be posted up to 2 weeks prior to the event date.
- Images should have text no smaller than 12 pt font. The text should be readable from a distance. Be concise and avoid excessive words. Use large font (14 pt or higher) whenever possible.
- The average duration of a screen is 7-10 seconds, so plan to be as concise as possible.
- Ensure that your color combinations have a high contrast ratio and meet accessibility standards. Use the WebAIM Contrast Checker tool to ensure that the color contrast is at least 4.5:1 or higher.
- Images must adhere to university identity standards when using university marketing tools.
- Images are subject to design review.
- Accepted file formats: JPEG, PNG, PDF, PPT, PPTX.
We are currently not accepting video at this time, but hope to accept it in the near future. Stay tuned for more updates.
- Resolution: 1920 x 1080 pixels minimum (W x H)
- File names should incorporate the dates the advertisement will start and stop, your organization, and a descriptor. You must follow this file format.
- File Name Format: YYYYMMDD_YYYYMMDD_OrgName_Descriptor.jpg
- Example: 20170210_20170224_CareerCenter_SpringEXPO.jpg
How to Submit
- Send your file to: email@example.com
- Please send your file at least 7 business days before you'd like it posted. This not only gives us time to review the submission, but also makes sure there's enough time for any changes you may need to make.
- If your screen isn't approved, we'll be able to tell you why and help you work towards a successful submission.