Become a Transformative School Leader!
At the SJSU Lurie College of Education Department of Educational Leadership, we prepare leaders to champion anti-racist and emancipatory approaches to leadership. We equip our graduates with the skills, knowledge, and experience to engage with and learn from the community cultural wealth of the diverse communities we serve.
Educational Leadership Announcements
- Our MA in Emancipatory School Leadership program is hosting online info sessions on:
- Thursday, October 21, 4-5pm
- Tuesday, November 9, 4-5pm
- Monday, November 15, 12-1pm
- Wednesday, December 1, 4-5pm
- Tuesday, December 7, 4-5pm
- Our MA in Emancipatory School Leadership program is hosting a virtual open house on Tuesday, November 2, at 5:45pm for prospective students to view a live class in-session.
- Dr. Veneice Guillory-Lacy has joined our Educational Leadership Department as an assistant professor beginning in Fall 2021.
- We have launched a new Transformative Leadership Minor for all SJSU undergraduate students beginning in Fall 2021.
- We plan to launch an MA in Higher Education Leadership program beginning Summer 2022 and will begin accepting applications in 2022.
- In the Fall of 2020, the Emancipatory School Leadership Program was selected as an Innovative Program by the University Council for Educational Administration (UCEA). Read more on page 10 of the UCEA Review publication [pdf].
Lurie College and SJSU Announcements
- 2020-2021 Impact Report - As we emerge from the COVID-19 pandemic, our SJSU Lurie College of Education is positioned to lead. Read about the impact of our students, faculty, programs, and more from the past year.
- 2022 U.S. News and World Report Rankings - Lurie College moved up 33 spots in this year's rankings of Best Education Schools and is #2 among universities in the Cal State system, #4 among universities in the Bay Area, and #14 among universities in California.
- SJSU Lurie College of Education Blog - Our college-wide blog contains more announcements, opportunities, and news for and about Educational Leadership students, faculty, staff, and alumni.
- Financial Aid Opportunities - Visit this page to learn about the numerous scholarship and grant opportunities available through the college. The application process for scholarships takes place each spring semester.
Student and Faculty Spotlights
Recent graduate Abby Almerido presented "Building Culture and Community One Story at a Time" as part of the SJSU Lurie College of Education K-12 Teaching Academy.
Dr. Rebeca Burciaga our Institute for Emancipatory Education webinar "Emancipatory Education from Theory to Practice" featuring Distinguished Scholar in Residence Dr. Tara Yosso on Monday, October 25, from 5-6:30pm.