Located in South San Jose at Oak Grove High School, the HDCC is a unique interprofessional community clinic, promoting equity through wellness for children, youth, and families in the lowest income areas of Silicon Valley.
How we do it
- Provide high-quality physical, psychological, communicative, and relational wellness through screenings, brief assessments, short-term services, education, and referrals.
- Community-based for accessibility, community need-driven; and locally networked.
- Offer culturally-sustaining and trauma-informed practices, building on existing strengths, protective factors, social supports, and cultural resources.
- Create interprofessional internships and practicums for SJSU students.
- Bridge physical, cognitive, and socio-emotional domains.
- Research-to-practice implementation for our students and faculty.