Instructions for Domestic Applicants
For the purpose of admission, domestic applicants are all U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and all visa holders (example H1b, H4, refugee, etc.) that are not applying for or currently hold an F-1 or J-1 visa.
*Refer to Graduate Admissions step-by-step instructions
Complete your application online at calstate.edu/apply
After choosing San Jose State University and the term you are applying for, when selecting "source" select the following:
- Early Career MBA: Campus > Business Administration (Early Career MBA)
- MBA for Professionals: Extended Education > Business Administration (Special Session)
- MSA: Campus > Accountancy
- MST: Extended Education > Taxation (Special Session)
- MSTM: Extended Education > Transportation Management (Special Session)
- Step-by-step instructions specific to the MSTM program
If you initially choose the incorrect selection for "source", go to the "source" drop down menu and select "source" and then both selections will appear again to choose from.
You will receive an important email from GAPE (Graduate Admissions) in 7-10 business days which will include your nine digit San Jose State ID and instructions on how to set up your MySJSU account. If you do not receive your ID within that time period, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your full name, birth date, and mailing address for identity verification purposes.
Submit your official transcripts to GAPE
For transcripts from institutions in the United States and Canada
Electronic transcripts should be sent to email@example.com directly from your school(s).
Official transcripts (in sealed envelopes) can be mailed to Graduate Admissions and Program Evaluations Office. Copies or opened transcripts are NOT accepted. Submit one transcript from ALL higher education institutions attended (even if you did not earn a degree).
San Jose State University – Graduate Admissions
One Washington Square
San Jose, CA 95192-0017
For transcripts or a degree earned outside of the USA or Canada
GAPE requires that all applicants with international coursework provide a WES (World Education Services) evaluation for any educational work taken outside of the US, US Territories & Canada. Documents must be sent directly to WES for evaluation. SJSU must receive the academic record and the evaluation directly from WES. A complete WES evaluation is required.
Check your MySJSU account frequently to review the items on your "to do" list and to monitor the status of your application. Your MySJSU account is the first and best place for information on your application status with GAPE. SJSU communicates almost entirely by messages with important and timely notices on admission, fees, financial aid, testing, transcript information, and deadlines. Department requirements are not listed on MySJSU.
Application deadlines for Fall
- March 1st for MS in Accountancy
- May 1st for MS in Taxation
- May 1st for Early Career MBA
- May 1st for MBA for Professionals
- May 1st for MS in Transportation Management
Document deadlines for Fall
- March 20th for MS in Accountancy
- May 20th for MS in Taxation
- May 20th for Early Career MBA
- May 20th for MBA for Professionals
- May 20th for MS in Transportation Management
Application deadlines for Spring
- November 1st for MS Accountancy
- November 1st for MS in Taxation
- November 1st for MBA for Professionals
- November 1st for MS in Transportation Management
Document deadlines for Spring
- November 20th for MS in Accountancy
- November 20th for MS in Taxation
- November 20th for MBA for Professionals
- November 20th for MS in Transportation Management
Lucas Graduate School program specific required documents
The documents for each program below should be sent directly to the Lucas Graduate School at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Please note that these items do not appear on your MySJSU "to do" list)