View our International Transfer Admissions website for a thorough overview of the minimum admission requirements.
- International Students are students studying on an F-1 or J-1 Visa.
- SJSU accepts both lower and upper division international transfers. Lower division transfer students have less than 60 semester/90 quarter units completed/on track to complete the term prior to admission.
- Students cannot use one course to satisfy two or more of the four basic skills courses. Students must take one course each of the four basics.
- It is the student's responsibility to read all messages and meet all required deadlines. Not reading an email is not an excuse for missing a deadline. Not extensions are granted for missed deadlines.
- While SJSU does not offer preliminary evaluations of coursework completed at other institutions, evaluators at SJSU will verify applicants’ official transcripts for transferable credits.
- For any questions, please reach out to our Pre-Admissions Counselors at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get Ready to Apply!
Apply to SJSU and any of the 23 CSUs through the Cal State Apply website at calstate.edu/apply.
|Admit Term||Domestic Transfers||International Transfers|
|SPRING 2022||Opens August 1, 2021 - August 31, 2021**||Open August 1, 2021 - September 30, 2021|
|FALL 2022||Open October 1, 2021 - November 30, 2021||Open October 1, 2021 - April 1, 2022*|
*Includes Military Veteran applications
**Not all majors are available to accept applications.
Cal State Apply Video
Prepare for the application! Watch our pre-recorded Cal State Apply workshop for Fall 2021 to learn how to fill out the application for SJSU.