View our International Freshmen Admissions website for a thorough overview of the minimum admission requirements.
Note: International Students are students studying on an F-1 or J-1 Visa.
A brief overview of the process is as follows:
- Earn the equivalent of a U.S. 3.0 grade point average (GPA) or an average of “B” grades.
- Successfully complete three years of college preparatory mathematics with a minimum grade of “C-” or better.
- Apply at calstate.edu/apply October 1- Apil 1st of Senior year.
- Submit official test scores from an approved English language proficiency test (TOEFL, IELTS or PTE).
- Submit partial official secondary school (high school) transcripts and final transcripts.
- Activate your MySJSU account. Read any messages and complete any To Do list items by the required deadline.
- If you attended a high school with American accreditation, you must meet CSU Eligibility Requirements.
- It is the student's responsibility to read all messages and meet all required deadlines. Not reading an email is not an excuse for missing a deadline. Not extensions are granted for missed deadlines.
- For any questions, please reach out to our Pre-Admissions Counselors at email@example.com.
Get Ready to Apply!
Apply to SJSU and any of the 23 CSUs through the Cal State Apply website at calstate.edu/apply.
|Admit Term||Domestic Freshmen||International Freshmen|
|FALL 2021||CLOSED||Open until April 1, 2021*|
|SPRING 2022||Opens August 1, 2021**||Opens August 1, 2021|
|FALL 2022||Open October 1, 2021 - December 4, 2021||Open October 1, 2021 - April 1, 2022*|
*Includes Military Veteran applications
**Not all majors are available to accept applications.
Cal State Apply Video
Prepare for the application! Watch our pre-recorded Cal State Apply workshop for Fall 2021 to learn how to fill out the application for SJSU.