Former Students Returning
View our Former Student Returning (FSR) Admissions website for a thorough overview of the minimum admission requirements.
Former students who have not attended SJSU as a regular student for the past two consecutive semesters, and who have not been granted a leave of absence, must:
- Reapply for admission as a transfer applicant at calstate.edu/apply October 1- December 4th the year prior for Fall admission, or August 1 - August 31st the term prior for Spring admission.
- Complete the SJSU Specific Supplemental Application.
- Attend orientation prior to admission.
- Meet all deadlines, conditions, and admission requirements currently in effect. Note: Open University attendance does not qualify as regular enrollment.
Former students returning that meet the upper division transfer requirements may gain admission priority by completing and obtaining departmental approval for the Petition for Re-admission as a Former Student Returning (FSR) [pdf] by the posted deadline.
- Students cannot use one course to satisfy two or more of the four basic skills courses. Students must take one course each of the four basics.
- It is the student's responsibility to read all messages and meet all required deadlines. Not reading an email is not an excuse for missing a deadline. Not extensions are granted for missed deadlines.
- For any questions, please reach out to our Pre-Admissions Counselors at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get Ready to Apply!
Apply to SJSU and any of the 23 CSUs through the Cal State Apply website at calstate.edu/apply.
|Admit Term||Domestic Transfers||International Transfers|
|FALL 2021||CLOSED||Open until April 1, 2021*|
|SPRING 2022||Opens August 1, 2021**||Opens August 1, 2021|
|FALL 2022||Open October 1, 2021 - December 4, 2021||Open October 1, 2021 - April 1, 2022*|
*Includes Military Veteran applications
**Not all majors are available to accept applications.
Cal State Apply Video
Prepare for the application! Watch our pre-recorded Cal State Apply workshop for Fall 2021 to learn how to fill out the application for SJSU.