Teacher Residency Program
Our yearlong Teacher Residency Program is an accelerated course of study that centers on a yearlong student teaching placement at a single school site and enables residents to:
- Develop yearlong relationships with their students
- Work with the same mentor teacher for the year
- Experience the entire curriculum in the placement classroom
- Finish our credential program in 13 months
- Earn up to a full scholarship for tuition, fees, and book expenses plus a $5,000 stipend
In order to participate in the Teacher Residency Program, successful applicants need to complete their student teaching during consecutive fall and spring semesters. Pathways that facilitate eligibility include full time beginning in spring (3-semester option) or summer (one-year option) and part time beginning in the fall (two-year option). During the fall and spring semesters of their residency (student teaching) year, students take a full-time load of courses while completing their residency placements with their mentor teachers(s) and students.
Teacher residents are selected through an additional application process that includes an interview with potential host district(s). Before applying, interested students should attend an information session--see details below.
Teacher Residency Program Info Session
Meet Some of Our Residents and Mentors
Steps to Apply
- If you are interested in becoming a Multiple Subject Credential, Bilingual Authorization (Spanish), Ethnic Studies, or STEM (Math or Science) Teacher Resident, contact Professor David Whitenack at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Apply to our Multiple Subject / Elementary Education Credential program or Single Subject / Secondary Education Credential program if you aren't already admitted or enrolled.
- Complete our Teacher Residency Supplementary Application Google form.