All students must contact an advisor each semester before registering for classes and then their advisor will release their registration hold. Students are assigned to an advisor upon their acceptance in the department. In order to complete the academic advising requirement students must complete all instructions found below.
- Click on the link to download your advising form. This document is a fillable pdf that students should type answers directly on to the from. All areas of the form must be filled out completely. Spring 2024 Advising Fillable Form (Students Complete this Form) [pdf]. Details on the 4yr program can be found HERE.
- Log onto your MySJSU student portal to download a copy of your MyPlanner report. Detailed instructions found here: My Planner Report Instructions [pdf]
- Combine the completed advising form and the MyPlanner Report into one document (all students have access to Adobe Acrobat) and rename it in this format: Lastname_Firstname_Spring2024advising
- Visit the Spartan Connect tile on one.sjsu.edu and login to find your personal academic advisor. Detailed instructions found here: Advising Guide for Spartan Connect [pdf]
- Contact the your advisor about their availability.
Instruction Mode Information [pdf] is available as a resource to use in selecting your courses.
Advising for undergraduate students will be handled as follows:
(Please contact your respective advisor if you have questions about their advising days, times or online options.)
Kurt M. McMullin, firstname.lastname@example.org
Professor, Structural Engineering
408-924-3855 / ENG171 **Advising hours - Mondays, Wednesdays & Thursdays @ 8:00pm online (see Spartan Connect, MyAvailability for Zoom invite), Tuesdays 5:00pm-7:00pm and Mondays 2:00pm-4:00pm in ENG171
Udeme J. Ndon, email@example.com
Professor, Environmental Engineering
408-924-3863 / ENG151 **Advising hours - Mondays 10:30am-12:30pm online, Tuesdays 10:00am-11:30am in E151, 11:30am-12:30pm online, and Wednesdays 10:30am-12:30pm online
Change of Major into Civil Engineering
Change of Major Advisor - Dr. Olivia Yip @ firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are interested in changing your major into Civil Engineering, you should start
by reviewing the Change of Major information on the Engineering Student Success Center website.
You must meet with the CE Change of Major Advisor to create a Study Plan prior to beginning the change of major process.