Social and Emotional Learning (SEL) & Mindful Self-Care
Three (3) sessions led by experienced online faculty and peer mentors provide conceptual and practical strategies to explore Social and Emotional Learning (SEL) and Self-Care. The sessions are based on the SEL five competencies – self-awareness, self-management, social awareness, relationship skills, and responsible decision-making (CASEL, 2017) model and mindfulness practice. Whether new to SEL and/or mindfulness, the sessions offer in-depth, hands-on, and practical skill-set and instructions ready to implement in your personal and professional lives. We invite all Counselor Education (EDCO) students to register and join our amazing SEL facilitating team.
- Dates: New dates posted soon!
- Time: TBA
- Faculty Facilitator: Dr. Kyoung Mi Choi
- Peer Facilitators: Elvia Hernandez and Laura Sheldon
- Intention Setting handout [pdf]
- SEL Resources handout [pdf]
- Self-Connection Practice (Practica de Auto Conexion) handout [pdf]
- Gratitude Journal (pdf)
- Bystander training
- SJSU Antiracism and Social Justice Resources
- SJSU Institute for Emancipatory Education