Financial Aid Resources
Meet with a Financial Aid Advisor
Meet with an advisor from the Financial Aid and Scholarship Office to go over your CA Dream Act Application (CADAA), payment deferments, holds, tax verification, scholarships, alternative financial aid options etc.
UndocuSpartans may schedule an appointment with Lucy Serrato-Lager (firstname.lastname@example.org ), Associate Director of Financial Aid, for questions regarding the CADAA and Financial Aid. To access the appointment calendar make sure to be logged in to your SJSU email.
- UndocuSpartans: Paying For College: learn about AB540, AB200, SB 68, The Non Resident Tuition Exemption Form, CA Dream Act, and Scholarships
- Bursar’s Office: How they can help: collect student payments; tuition payment plans’ 1098-T forms.
- Office of the Registrar: How they can help: process tuition exemption form (aka AB 540 Affidavit); transcripts; enforce rules around Dropping/Adding classes; student records.
- University Housing Office: How they can help: provide housing information; accept housing payments in-person (2nd floor CVB); changing rooms/buildings; assigns meal plans; cancellations, etc.
- California Student Aid Commission/ CA Dream Act Application: How they can help: manage CA Dream Act; assist with making corrections to the CA Dream Act if it has not been sent to SJSU.
Scholarships for Undocumented Scholars
- Scholarships | Financial Aid and Scholarship Office
- SJSU Ernesto Galarza Scholarship
- PreHealth Dreamers Scholarship List 2020-2021
- MALDEF: List of scholarships for Latino immigrant students, organized by major, school, gender and location.
- Immigrants Rising list of scholarships for undergraduate and graduate students that do not have a SSN#.
- Dreamers Roadmap Scholarship App for undocumented students
- My Undocumented Life
- Silicon Valley Community Foundation Scholarships