Financial Aid Resources
Meet with an advisor from the Financial Aid and Scholarship Office to go over your CA Dream Act Application (CADAA), payment deferments, holds, tax verification, scholarships, alternative financial aid options etc.
UndocuSpartans may schedule an appointment with Lucy Serrato-Lager (email@example.com ), Associate Director of Financial Aid, for questions regarding the CADAA and Financial Aid. Students can also attend any of the upcoming workshops hosted by the Financial Aid and Scholarship Office.
Meet Lucy! (USRC Liaison)
Financial Aid and Scholarship Office- UndocuAlly Network
|Lucy Serrato-Lager, Associate Director (USRC Liaison)||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Carolyn Guel, Associate Directoremail@example.com|
|Anthony Bettencourt, Senior Counselorfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Thu Thuong, Advisor||Thu.Houang@sjsu.edu|
|Ngoc Nguyen, Operations Support Coordinator||Ngoc.email@example.com|
|Neelam Keshwani, Technical Lead||Neelam.Keshwani@sjsu.edu|
The SJSU Financial Aid and Scholarship Office administers three types of scholarships: campus scholarships, department scholarships, and private scholarships. Many of the scholarships are open to new and continuing students and many do not require a social security number or AB 540 requirement. Students are encouraged to apply during the application season each spring but do note that many scholarships have different deadlines. You can view the list of SJSU scholarships here along with the different deadlines.
- SJSU Scholarships
- External Campus Scholarships
- SJSU Alumni Association Scholarship List
- SJSU Ernesto Galarza Scholarship
- PreHealth Dreamers Scholarship List 2020-2021 - For undocuscholars in pre-health fields/ majors.
- MALDEF: List of scholarships for Latino immigrant students, organized by major, school, gender and location.
- Immigrants Rising list of scholarships for undergraduate and graduate students that do not have a social security number.
- Dreamers Roadmap Phone application with a list of scholarships open to undocumented students.
- My Undocumented Life
- Silicon Valley Community Foundation Scholarships
Guides and Toolkits
- Understanding the different types of scholarships.
- Writing A Personal Statement (Handout) - SJSU Writing Center
- Writing A personal Statement- OWL Purdue (Examples)
- Financial Aid Guide For College-Bound Undocumented Students [pdf]- In this PDF you will find general advice on how to inquire about scholarship requirements, tips for disclosing your immigration status, and the different ways to tell your story.