MyScheduler is a schedule planning tool which allows you to create and compare multiple class schedules for a given semester based on your course preferences as well as other commitments such as your work, sport and/or family schedules.
MyScheduler will generate every possible schedule for you so you can maximize your course selections and remain on track for a timely graduation. You can view up to four schedules side-by-side and compare options. After selecting your preferred schedule, you can import your schedule into your shopping cart. You can hold your class schedule in your shopping cart and add your classes when your enrollment appointment begins.
Notable features include the abilities to: favorite specific schedules for later, email a potential schedule to an advisor, import your courses from MyPlanner, schedule validation and more. The schedule validation feature allows you to check your potential schedule for common issues, like pre/corequisites or holds.
MyScheduler Quick-start Video
Frequently Asked Questions
- Should I build my courses around my breaks, or the other way around?
The courses you need or want to take should always drive your schedule. We recommend refining your course choices before adding in your break times.
- Why do I get hundreds of possible schedules?
MyScheduler generates every possible combination of schedules. To narrow down your results, try the following options:
- Course Status - select open classes only;
- Instruction Mode - select option for in-person or online;
- View schedules and start locking desired sections of a selected course;
- Add break times (start with necessary breaks then move to desired breaks);
- Use the gear icon for each course to include or exclude certain section; and,
- Remember to click Generate Schedules again after changing filters and options.
- Why do I get no results when I click Generate Schedules?
Based on the available sections and your selected breaks, there are no schedule combinations possible. MyScheduler may tell you that there's a conflict with a particular course, so check the errors on the page as well.
Use the filters to expand your results. Try the following options:
- Course Status - select open and full w/waitlist classes;
- Instruction Mode - select option for in-person and online classes;
- Use course Options and check all sections;
- Lock desired course sections;
- Remove break times; and,
- Look for conflicting courses or locked sections.
Remember to click Generate Schedules again after changing filters and options.
- Once I send my courses to the shopping cart, is my enrollment guaranteed?
No, MyScheduler generates all possible schedules based on the courses you select but does not check prerequisites. After sending your schedule to the shopping cart, you must complete the enrollment process by clicking on Proceed to Step 2 of 3 and Finish Enrolling.
- Can I send multiple schedules to the enrollment shopping cart?
No, only one schedule at a time can be sent to the enrollment shopping cart. If you want a different schedule, you must delete the courses listed in your shopping cart first.
- Can I use MyScheduler if I am already enrolled in courses?
Yes, your current course schedule will be displayed in MyScheduler. You can add additional courses and MyScheduler will find sections that fit into your current schedule. In the example, English 2 will be added:
- Open MyPlanner and click Add Course.
- Search for English 1A and click Add Course. Click Back when done.
- Verify English 1A and your current classes are checked and click Generate Schedules.
- How do I switch course sections in MyScheduler?
In the example below, the English 2 section will be changed.
- In the desired Courses, check English 2 only.
- Under Current Schedule, uncheck English 2.
- Click Generate Schedules and view a schedule with the section of English 2 you prefer.
- Continue by sending the new schedule to your shopping cart.
- I tried to import my cart but got an error message, "The class number entered is not
valid for this term. Try another."
The course you selected may have been canceled by the department but the status has not yet updated in MyScheduler. The invalid class number will be displayed in the enrollment shopping cart. Open MyScheduler and select a different schedule.
- When can I use the validation feature?
Validation can be run at any time and you don't need to wait for your enrollment appointment to open. Validation is intended to be used prior to enrollment to allow you to get a heads up on any issues that may prevent enrollment.
- Does validating my potential schedule guarantee I'll be able to enroll in those courses?
No. While validation will catch common issues before enrollment, things can change between validation and actual enrollment that affect your ability to successfully enroll in courses.
- What does validating my schedule check for?
The validation feature allows you to check for issues before enrollment, including:
- Any enrollment holds
- Class permission number required
- Prerequisites not met
- Term unit maximum would be exceeded
- Class repeats (2nd or 3rd+ attempts)
- Course outside of career (e.g. undergraduate student trying to add a graduate level class)
- Does validating my potential schedule enroll me courses?
No, the validation only checks for potential enrollment issues and does not actually process actual enrollment in courses. You will still need to sent your potential schedule to your shopping cart and proceed with enrollment when your enrollment appointment is open.