Early Childhood Institute
Equity. Quality. Inclusion.
Recognizing the potential each and every child brings into the world, the early childhood institute (eci) at sjsu promotes equitable, high-quality, inclusive early learning experiences through: expanding and enhancing the training of early childhood professionals; collaborating with campus and community partners to advance applied research; and engaging in advocacy efforts that benefit educators, young children, and families.
We invite you to connect with us:
- Sign up for eci's mailing list to stay up-to-date on news, special events, and opportunities.
- To learn more about professional development and training offerings on topics related to early childhood, email us at email@example.com.
ECI is a community-focused institute, designed to generate opportunities for interaction among current and past students, SJSU faculty, local early childhood leaders, and practitioners. Our work is informed by, and directed toward, the needs and interests of diverse populations and stakeholders within the community.
Are you an SJSU alumni whose career involves working with young children and their families? Are you interested in connecting with other alumni and current students who share the goal of promoting high-quality early care and learning experiences for children?
Connect with us as we build a student-alumni network
Meet the Team
Maria Fusaro, EdD, Co-Founder and Director
Andrea Golloher, PhD, Co-Founder and Associate Director
Emily Slusser, PhD, Co-Founder and Head of Outreach
In the News
- Early Childcare Providers are on the Front Lines of the Coronavirus Pandemic (Lurie College blog, Mar. 2020)
- Support for each and every child from the start: A call for affordable, high-quality care and education for babies and toddlers across the state (CalMatters, Feb. 2020)
- ECI Response to Governor Newsom’s Budget Proposal (submitted to CA Representatives, Jan. 2020)
- ECI Position Statement on the CTC’s Proposed Early Childhood Education Performance Expectations and Program Guidelines (submitted to CTC, July 2018)
Join us at an upcoming ECI event, bringing together faculty, students, and community partners engaged in early childhood research, practice, and advocacy.
If you are looking for early education and care for your child, please contact our partners: