COVID-19 Testing Information
Last updated: May 26, 2022
Asymptomatic COVID-19 testing will be administered on campus by Fulgent Genetics.
Date: Mondays & Tuesdays (June 6 - August 12)
Time: 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Location: Student Wellness Center, Room 122
NOTE: If you are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 on your assigned test date, you should not participate. Call the Student Wellness Center at (408) 924-6122 for support.
Test Day Instructions
- Download the Sammy App
- Complete the daily Check Your Symptoms form on the Sammy App
- Show up to your appointment 5 minutes early
- Check-in on the Sammy App with the QR code
- Bring your mobile device and SJSU ID.
- Wear a face covering and maintain six feet of physical distance
- Check-in and self-collect your sample under supervision from Fulgent Genetics staff
- Drop off your sample in the collection bin
Check your Test Results
Within 24-48 hours of the samples arrival back at the lab, students will receive an email or text notification from Fulgent Genetics that the test results are ready. Follow the instructions in the email to retrieve the test results.
Continue to protect yourself and others by following COVID-19 safety measures on campus.
- Students will receive an email or text notification from Fulgent Genetics and a call from their team
- Isolate in your residence and away from others
- The Case Management team from the SJSU Student Wellness Center will also reach out to you to provide support and resources.
The Student Wellness Center will be using a tool within the Sammy App to communicate testing reminders, announcements, and other necessary information to students in testing protocol and those living on campus.
All students have access to the COVID Safe Pass and Tools tile. Click on this tile for easy access for links to schedule a testing appointment at the Event Center, check your symptoms, report a COVID-19 case, schedule an appointment for on-campus booster clinics, and more.
“Contact Trace Service” is the name of this new COVID-19 feature. This feature may send out notifications to students who downloaded the SAMMY APP (e.g. email sent by Ready Education to check your symptoms) Students may opt out of receiving these notifications by modifying your settings
Visit the Sammy App Step-by-Step Guide for Testing Protocol [pdf] for more information on this new feature.
Mandatory Testing Protocol Instructions
Students who have received an approved vaccination exemption or is non-compliant with COVID-19 policy will be required to take a PCR test weekly (every seven (7) days) as part of the testing protocols. If you are in testing protocol, please schedule your appointment each week as dates become available.
The Student Wellness Center will be using a new tool within the Sammy App to communicate testing reminders, announcements, and other necessary information.
- Download the Sammy App on the Apple App Store or Google Play
- Click on the COVID-19 Safe Pass and Forms tile
- Complete the Check Your Symptoms Form daily
Students must complete the Check Your Symptoms form daily on the Sammy App and follow the instructions if you’re symptomatic.
- Complete your weekly testing requirement. Schedule your appointment each week as dates become available.
Students are strongly encouraged to complete their testing on campus during testing events. If students are submitting testing results completed at a site outside of campus, please use the Submit Your Test Results form on the Sammy App. Test results from outside sites must be submitted by 11:59 PM on Sundays to be compliant.
We’re here for you! For questions related to Fulgent Genetics, please email email@example.com or call (626) 350-0537. Visit the SJSU Health Advisories webpage for more information on the California State University policy and other vaccination updates. For other questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.