Applying for Graduation
All graduation applications are submitted online through MySJSU. Please read the information below and follow the instructions.
When you have earned 85 units and are approximately two semesters from graduating, you will be given access to a link to apply for graduation online via MySJSU. The Department will also notify you about your eligibility to apply for graduation.
Before submitting the application, we recommend completing the following steps:
- Review your MyProgress report. Look for any red squares indicating that a requirement has not been fulfilled.
- Visit an College of Social Sciences Student Success Center advisor to verify your remaining University requirements.
- Meet with a Designated Major Advisor. The advisor will help you identify missing major requirements and help you determine how close you are to meeting the requirements for graduation.
- Apply for Graduation [pdf]. We can help you do this when you meet with an advisor.
- Meet with your Minor Advisor(s). If you have a minor you will need to meet with an advisor from that department and complete the appropriate paperwork.
Drop-In Advising on Zoom
- Faustina DuCros: Book a Zoom Appointment (times will vary)
- Elizabeth Sweet: Book a Zoom Appointment (times will vary)
- For additional Asian and American Studies, Sociology, Sociology of Education, and Women, Gender, and Sexuality Studies Advisors, see our Advising Faculty Page.
If you have a declared minor, you are required to complete a Minor Form for submission to the Registrar’s office. Please see an advisor for your minor in order to complete the form. You will find a list of Major and Minor advisors on our SISS Advising Faculty page.
Graduation Application Deadlines
If you apply for graduation by the deadline you may be eligible for up to two semesters of priority registration. Please refer to the Registrar's Application Deadlines.