Teacher Residency Program
Our Teacher Residency Program creates opportunities for our credential students to gain valuable professional experience, ongoing professional development, and significant financial support over the course of an academic year, all while decreasing the amount of time needed to complete a credential program. Through effective partnerships with school districts in the region, candidates are paired with mentor teachers and learn how to meet the needs of the students in those districts.
- Complete our Education Specialist Credential program on an accelerated pathway (Summer – Fall – Spring)
- Receive priority registration in courses with other residents
- Complete a year-long field placement (student teaching) in a residency school with a master teacher
- Participate in activities at the school site following the residency school calendar with other SJSU Residents
- Be eligible for up to $10,000 in funding from CSU Residency scholarships and CTC Residency grants, which may cover all or partial tuition costs
- Receive priority job interviews for teaching positions in the residency district upon completion of the program
- If you are interested in becoming a Special Education Teacher Resident, email Professor Lisa Simpson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Apply to one of our credential programs if you aren't already admitted or enrolled.
- Complete our Teacher Residency Supplementary Application Google form.