MS, Engineering Management
At SJSU, our MS in Engineering Management program emphasizes quality and six sigma, statistics, fundamentals of business accounting and finance, engineering economic analysis, business ethics, supply chain engineering, and systems engineering. Through technical electives, students become knowledgeable in other aspects of business management, such as project management, human resource management, and operations research.
MS Engineering Management Careers
An engineering management degree holder may be employed in almost any type of organization. Most engineering managers work first as engineers before advancing into management positions.
Top 5 Industries Employing the Highest Number of Engineering Managers:
- Architecture, Engineering, and Related Services
- Navigational, Measuring, Electromedical, and Control Instruments Manufacturing
- Scientific Research and Development Services
- Electronic Component Manufacturing
- Management of Companies and Enterprises
Principal Duties Include:
- Project management
- Research and product development
- Act as overseers who formulate plans to see that projects are successfully completed
- Manage employees from various engineering disciplines as well as cross-disciplinary and global teams
- Ensure that the final product is budgeted accurately and supported by upper management
Visit the MS in Engineering Management website for more information about the program–including information sessions, deadlines, and admission requirements.