BSN Admission Requirements
BSN applicants must meet the BSN eligibility requirements to be considered. Students brand new to nursing may apply.
REMINDER: There is a two-step application process to be admitted to the BSN program. Applicants must also meet CSU admission requirements (if not already at SJSU).
- Applicants must achieve a 'C' grade or better in all BSN prerequisite courses.
- The combined GPA of the 8 BSN prerequisite courses must meet the minimum GPA of 3.3 or better.
- BSN prerequisites cannot be in progress when completing the BSN NursingCAS application.
- Starting in Fall 2024, TEAS exams must be taken within five years of application.
- Applicants must complete the TEAS exam and achieve a mininum score of 84%.