Please file a iSupport request by visiting Engineering iSupport page and selecting Instructional Design.
How to communicate with your students conversations: Inbox Message [pdf]
Zoom is a web conferencing tool that can be used for synchronous class meeting, remote teaching, office hours, meeting, collaborations, training, etc. You can access your Zoom account by login to your one.sjsu.edu or sjsu.zoom.us
How to Join a Zoom meeting
Please follow the instruction of your Zoom invitation. You also can download a Zoom app to your mobile device and join a Zoom meeting.
1. To connect to the audio conferencing
Via computer (Recommended): Please use a headset to avoid background noise.)
- Select Join Audio Conferencing by Computer tab
- Click Test Conferencing Mic and Speakers to make sure you select the mic and speakers you are going to use
- Click Join Audio Conferencing by Computer tab
- It’s recommended you mute your audio unless you want to ask or answer questions.
- Select Phone Call tab
- Follow the list of the dial-in number and enter the phone number
- Enter the Zoom meeting ID and press # key
- Stay online if the meeting hasn’t started
2: To enable video (option)
- Ensure there is a built-in webcam on your computer or you can use an external webcam.
- Click the Video icon to start your video
- Click the Video icon again if you want to stop your video
How to join a breakout room (Participating in a breakout room)
- iClicker Resource
iClicker Resources for students
1. Please sign up your iClicker Reef student account in order to participate in polling, quizzing and attendance sessions.
2. Login to your Canvas course, click the iClicker Sync tab from the course navigation. Once you click the iClicker Sync in Canvas, your iClicker grades will be shown up in your instructor’s Canvas gradebooks.
Method 2 (mobile phone):
1. Download iClick Reef App
2. Sign in with your SJSU account
3. Add the course by typing the course title in the search bar
- Getted started with iClicker: iClicker Reef checklist and instruction for students
- Lockdown Browser
- ProctorU Exam Information
If your professor uses ProctorU for exams, please schedule an exam appointment with ProctorU as soon as your professor creates an exam with ProctorU.
It's recommended you schedule an exam appointment with ProctorU at least 72 hours prior to your exam time in order to avoid paying a $5.00 late registration at your own cost.
Three days before taking your proctored exam, you are responsible to
- have your government issued ID (e.g. driver's license or passport) ready. The online proctor will verify your identity before you take the exam.
- make sure your computer has a webcam and a headset (microphone and speaker) in order to communicate with the online proctor.
- test your equipment to ensure equipment functions properly.
- verify technical requirements.
- find a quiet and suitable testing location.
During the exam
- log in to ProctorU's website at least 15-minutes earlier than the exam date.
- call 1-855-772-8678 if you have any technical challenge with ProctorU services.
- an online proctor will guide you through the exam process and verify your identification, explain the exam rules, verify your login information, verify your exam submission, etc.
- Proctorio Student Resources
Proctorio is one of the remote exam proctoring solutions, and your instructor may use it to ensure exam security and integrity. In this case, you may be required to turn on your video and audio for recording and you may not be able to access any files on your computer. If you have any questions, please file a ticket.
Please review the Proctorio remote exam information before you take a Proctorio exam.
Proctorio only works on Google Chrome web browser, and it requires users to have the Proctorio Chrome extension installed with Chrome.
- ✔ Find a quiet and suitable testing environment
- ✔ Have your student ID ready if your faculty set up this feature. In this case, Proctorio will take a picture on your ID and confirm your identity
- ✔ Make sure your computer has a webcam and a microphone
- ✔ Meet system requirements
- ✔ Make sure you know how to use Live Chat if you have questions or need help.