Note: Credential-only candidates, students on F-1 visas, and previous Graduate Equity Fellowship awardees are not eligible for this fellowship.
To be eligible for this award, you must meet the following criteria:
- Be admitted to SJSU and to a master’s or doctoral program;
- Be in possession of a first university degree equivalent to a U.S. baccalaureate by
the first day of the Fall 2023 semester;
- Have completed a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FASFA) or Dream Act Application (CADAA) and have a minimum financial need of $1,000 (Save a PDF of your aid report);
- Be considered a resident of the State of California for tuition purposes;
- Meet GPA requirements: You must have a 3.2 GPA in all graduate work; and
- Have at least twelve (12) semester units of graduate work remaining to complete your degree. These twelve units must be listed on the Advancement to Candidacy form or the Graduate Equity Fellowship Graduation Plan, with no less than six units being taken in each semester (Fall, 2023 and Spring, 2024).